Licensing Your Pet

Pet Network provides the rabies vaccination and all the required rabies vaccine information needed for licensing your pet. Licenses are obtained through the Animal Control Services Department for the city in which you live.

All Dogs over 4 months of age are required to be vaccinated against Rabies and licensed. The city of Lake Elsinore requires that cats be vaccinated against Rabies and licensed. The City of Coronado and North Island NAS require that cats are licensed but do not require that cats be vaccinated against Rabies.

You must obtain a license for your pet:

  • Within 30 days of your pet reaching the age of 4 months, or
  • Within 30 days of acquiring your pet., or
  • Within 30 days of your pet entering a new jurisdiction (If your pet is licensed in another jurisdiction you may be able to purchase a Transfer Tag). (Licenses are not transferable between owners.)

Duration of Your Pet's License:

The Rabies vaccination must be effective through the entire licensing period. License expirations are assigned the longest time period possible based on the license duration you select and the expiration of the rabies vaccination. The first rabies vaccination that your pet gets is effective for 1 year, each vaccination after the first vaccination is effective for 3 years.

Since this is often confusing for pet owners Pet Network has provided examples of licensing duration to help clarify how this works.

Example #1 .......................Example #2

To obtain a license:

  1. Complete a licensing application (Download Printable Version Here) or obtain one from your licensing jurisdiction.
  2. Attach a copy of the Pet Network Vaccination Certificate to the licensing application.
  3. Mail the licensing application and a check for the appropriate fees to the licensing agency for the city in which you reside.

Select your jurisdiction from the following list to obtain additional information

This information is provided by Pet Network. Licensing regulations may vary slightly between various licensing agencies.
Please contact your local licensing authority for their speicific rules and regulations.